The conference is reaching full capacity. However, in case you did not receive an invitation and have strong interest in participating, please contact email@example.com .
The Planetary Security Conference 2016 on 5 and 6 December 2016 is part of the Planetary Security Initiative launched in 2015 by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Annual conferences in The Hague are at the core of PSI. They will:
- Provide a regular space for experts on climate change and security to exchange information and increase cooperation, primarily through interactive parallel Working Groups focusing on emerging and acknowledged security concerns;
- Stimulate the involvement of a wider community in the discussion and action on climate change and security;
- Develop ideas that will help shape the needed policies and practices for the next 15 to 20 years.
The annual conferences will be supported by a number of complementary activities such as:
- Strategic consultations at important international events and regional consultative meetings;
- Publications and media outreach on planetary security issues and solutions.
The first event was an international conference on “Planetary Security: Peace and Cooperation in Times of Climate Change and Global Environmental Challenges” on 2 and 3 November 2015 at the Peace Palace in The Hague. Now operated by a consortium of leading think tanks working on this topic, the goal of the PSI is to strengthen the knowledge-policy interface by consolidating the community of practice on planetary security.