Do you have a complaint?
We want you to be happy with us. If, however, there is something you feel unhappy about, as a first step you should talk to your contact at Clingendael. If you then feel you need to make a complaint about a Clingendael Institute activity or one of its employees, you will find our complaints procedure below. We will do our best to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.
How do you submit a complaint?
- By email: send an email to our complaints handling officer Mrs. Mariska Uijldert, HR Advisor: [email protected]. In the subject line please put 'Complaint'.
- By telephone: call reception at the Clingendael Institute (+31 (0)70 324 53 84) and say that you wish to lodge a complaint. You will be put straight through to the complaints handling officer or receive a call back the next working day.
- By letter: send a letter to the Clingendael Institute, PO Box 93080, 2509 AB The Hague. In the subject line say that you have a complaint.
What happens next?
- If we can, we will respond immediately by telephone or email.
- If we need more time, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt within five working days. The acknowledgment will tell you who is dealing with your complaint, their contact details and when you can expect to receive a response.
- You will receive a response within the period stated above.
Unhappy with the response?
If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint, you can appeal to the Institute’s General Director. You can do this by sending a letter to the General Director. In the subject line say that you wish to appeal against the ruling on your complaint.
Always include the following in your letter:
- Description of your complaint
- The previous response you received from us
- The reason why you are unhappy with this response
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
Please also include other relevant information if it clarifies your complaint.
You can send the letter to:
The Clingendael Institute
FAO the General Director
PO Box 93080
2509 AB The Hague
What happens next?
The General Director will send a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint and telling you when you can expect to receive a response. The General Director will conduct a new investigation of your complaint and assess the previous response. You will receive a written response from the General Director within the period specified.
Unhappy with the response from the General Director?
The General Director will do her utmost to deal with your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are nevertheless unhappy with the way in which it is handled, you can appeal to the ‘Geschillencommissie’ (Arbitration Committee), please see www.degeschillencommissie.nl.