Europe and the EU
Please, register here to secure your place at this event.
The German Embassy in the Netherlands, VNO-NCW (the confederation of Dutch employers and industry), BDI Federation of German Industries and the Clingendael Institute have the pleasure to invite you to the conference ‘German and Dutch Business after Brexit: Risks & Opportunities’.
The March 29 Brexit deadline is fast approaching, but much uncertainty still surrounds the United Kingdom’s departure from the EU. A no-deal scenario remains a real possibility, which
would have dire consequences for European citizens and businesses.
German and Dutch businesses are among those most exposed to the disruption caused by a no-deal Brexit. Equally, they are among those who have most to gain from a strong EU single market.
As the deadline approaches, how are German and Dutch businesses preparing? What last-minute lessons can be shared? And if a deal is finally agreed, how will the trade and investment relationship change between the EU and the UK?
At this conference, German and Dutch leaders will share their thoughts and insights as Europe prepares for Brexit. Mona Keijzer (State Secretary for Economic Affairs and Climate Policy), Dieter Kempf (president of BDI) and Hans de Boer (president of VNO-NCW) will give keynote remarks, followed by a high-level panel discussion focusing on the risks and the opportunities of the UK’s departure.
- 15:00-15.15: Welcome and registration
- 15:15-15:30: Opening by Monika Sie Dhian Ho, General Director the Clingendae Institute, and H.E. Dirk Brengelmann, German Ambassador to the Netherlands
- 15:30-15:45: Keynote remarks by Mona Keijzer, State Secretary for Economic Affairs and Climate
- 15:45-16:30: Introductions by Dieter Kempf (President of BDI) and Hans de Boer (President of VNO-NCW)
- 16:30-17:30: Panel discussion with: Ruth Berschens (Correspondent and Brussels bureau chief of Handelsblatt), Ron van het Hof (CEO Euler Hermes DACH region and Vicepresident German-Dutch Chamber of Commerce DNHK), Arnaud de Jong (CEO Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands B.V.), and Nanette van Schelven (General Director of Dutch Customs)
- 17:30-18:30: Informal reception
This event will be moderated by Rem Korteweg (Senior Research Fellow, the Clingendael Institute).