Europe and the EU
Interested to join this public event? Please register.
Every six months the EU presidency rotates. Per 1 January Estonia has passed the baton to Bulgaria, so now is a good time to reflect on the past presidency, but also to look ahead. How did the Estonian EU presidency fare, what were its major achievements and which challenges lie ahead?
Join the Estonian Deputy Minister for European Affairs Matti Maasikas, the Ambassador of Bulgaria Rumen Alexandrov, and our Clingendael experts in our upcoming EU Presidency event.
- 15.30: Welcome with coffee, tea
- 16.00: Keynote 'The State of the EU: a reflection on the Estonian presidency’ by Matti Maasikas, Estonian Deputy Minister for European Affairs
- 16.20: Debate 'How to take Estonia’s work forward?' with initial responses on
- Next steps; the Bulgarian presidency by Rumen Alexandrov, Ambassador of Bulgaria
- Migration by Fransje Molenaar, Migration expert Clingendael Institute
- European security & defence by Margriet Drent, Security expert Clingendael Institute
- 16.45: Q&A
- 17.15: Closing drinks
The debate will be moderated by Rem Korteweg.