Trade and Globalisation
The Clingendael Academy organizes a one-time alumni event to celebrate the 10-year training cooperation between countries for South-Eastern Europe and Turkey and the Netherlands in the framework of Matra programs.
The event will be three-day long and organized between 16th and 18th of December 2014 (participants will arrive on the 15th and depart on the 19th). The Alumni should have attended one of the MATRA training programs organized at Clingendael between 2005 and 2014.
The course is free of charge, including accommodation. Participants should reach the Netherlands by their own means. The following countries will be represented: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Turkey.
The seminar will include the following activities:
- an opening ceremony with a high profile speaker from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- a workshop on EU policies in the region or on regional policies towards the EU;
- a workshop on a new forms of diplomacy (public diplomacy and nation/ place branding);
- a match-making afternoon to connect with Dutch policy-makers and entrepreneurs;
- a skills training workshop on mediation;
- and a final reflection session.
Of course a socio-cultural program will also be included.
Who can attend?
- Alumni of one of the CDSEE program from one of the above-mentioned country
- Relevance of the current function for this program
- Motivation to attend the training
- Gender balance
- Equal representation of the countries invited
- Priority will be given the to the first applicants, so apply early!
How to apply?
Apply before November 15th by filling out the below application form ("Subscribe").
For questions, please contact Ms. Marianne Ducasse-Rogier.