You are cordially invited to attend the launch event of the Clingendael International Sustainability Centre (CISC). For registration, please contact Mrs. Christine Bakker.
CISC has the ambition to connect the existing Clingendael expertise on international and European (policy) discussions and processes explicitly to the realm of sustainability. In particular, CISC-activities will focus on the responsibility and role of the public sector in the transition towards a climate friendly and circular economy.
Risks and opportunities for the private sector, financial institutions, and civil society in the transition will be identified, analysed and clarified. CISC plans to contribute by organising a platform of expertise, by publishing policy targeted publications and by creating a platform for discussion and knowledge exchange.
15.15-16.00: Welcome with coffee and tea
16.00-16.05: Introduction by Monika Sie Dhian Ho, General Director Clingendael Institute
- Short introduction of CISC
- Sustainability as a new focus for Clingendael
16.05-16.15: Sustainability in the Trump Era
Short intermezzo by Gregg Shapiro, Boom Chicago.
16.15-16.45: EU and private sector contributions to sustainability, panel with:
- Gerben-Jan Gerbrandy, member of the European parliament for the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE)
- Bas Eickhout, member of the European parliament for the greens/European Free Alliance (Greens/EFA)
- Ardi Stoios-Braken, deputy director Inclusive Green Growth, Ministry of Foreign Affairs the Netherlands
- Michel Schuurman, senior program manager circular economy, CSR Netherlands
Main topics of discussion:
- The importance and urgency of sustainable development issues in European policy development.
- The role of governments and the private sector in the transition to a more sustainable future.
Chaired by Hugo von Meijenfeldt, Coordinator Sustainable Development Goals, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
17.15: Informal reception
In advance to the programme above, a closed session will take place (by invitation only).