Europe and the EU
The Clingendael Institute and the Think for Europe Network (TEN) organised a webinar looking ahead at the future of EU enlargement.
This webinar aims to give you a better understanding of the current state of enlargement and to facilitate an exchange of views between leading experts and the public from the Western Balkans and the Netherlands.
Can we expect actual negotiations with Albania and North-Macedonia to begin soon? And will the revised enlargement methodology lead to a more effective accession process?
- Wouter Zweers (Research Fellow at the Clingendael Institute) will be joined by two renowned experts:
- Milica Delević (Director Governance and Political Affairs at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
- Srđan Majstorović (Chairman of the Governing Board at the European Policy Centre (CEP)).
- the revised enlargement methodology as proposed by the European Commission
- the outcomes of the March European Council
- the prospects for the Zagreb Summit
- the effects of the Corona crisis on EU-Western Balkans relations.
Supported by a grant from the Foundation Open Society Institute in cooperation with the OSIFE of the Open Society Foundations