Security and Defence
Which implementation for the defence of Europe?
4 Apr 2022 16:00 - 18:00
Co-organised with the Embassy of France in The Hague
Strategic compass, strategic concept: which implementation for the defence of Europe?
This conference is part of the activities of the French EU Presidency in order to reach out on key EU issues to the public. In this conference a panel of Dutch and French officials together with representatives of the EU Military Staff and the industry will discuss key questions related to the Compass’ implementation.
16.00-16.15 - Opening statement
- French Ambassador to the Netherlands, Mr. Luis Vassy
16.15-17.15 - Panel Introductions
- Ambassador Mrs. Muriel Domenach, French Permanent Representative to NATO
- Ambassador Mr. Jaap Werner, Dutch Permanent Representative to PSC
- Mr. Joep Wijnands, Director-General for Defence Policy, Ministry of Defence of the Netherlands
- Mr Rob Postma, CEO Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands
- Mr. Lars Schumann, Concepts and Capabilities Division, EU Military Staff, Brussels Panel
- Mr. Dick Zandee (moderator), Head Security Unit, Clingendael Institute
17.15-18.00 - Panel debate with the audience