The Global Trade Series 2021 is a series of 10 podcasts analysing the complex interplay of factors shaping the global trade system. The series is brought to you by AIG in partnership with the Clingendael Institute and some of the world’s leading centers of expertise on global trade. Senior Research Fellow Rem Korteweg is moderator of the podcasts.
Listen to trade experts examine the ongoing transformation of the world’s multilateral trading system. For an overview of the Global Trade Series 2021, check out the executive summary highlighting some of the predictions and policy prescriptions that emerged from the conversations.
Listen below to the podcasts.
Open Strategic Autonomy
- Elvire Fabry, Senior Research Fellow, Trade Policy and Brexit, Jacques Delors Institute
- Marianne Schneider Petsinger, Senior Research Fellow, US and the Americas Programme, Chatham House
Where next for the World Trade Organization and Global Trade Rules?
- Ignacio Garcia Bercero, Director, Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission
- Jennifer Hillman, Professor from Practice, Georgetown Law, Institute of International Economic Law; Former Member, WTO Appellate Body
- Tetsuya Watanabe, Vice President, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
Trade and the Indo-Pacific: CPTPP, BRI & RCEP
- Vasuki Shastry, Associate Fellow, Asia Pacific Programme, Chatham House
- Deborah Elms, Founder and Executive Director of the Asian Trade Centre
- Tetsuya Watanabe, Vice President, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry, RIETI
After the pandemic: trade, health and protectionism
- Mary E. Lovely, Senior Fellow, The Peterson Institute
- John W.H. Denton AO, Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce
Climate and Trade: on the road to COP26
- Christian Bluth, Senior Expert, Bertelsmann Stiftung
Emily Lydgate, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Law, University of Sussex
Digital transformation: Standards, taxation, and global governance
- Chris Southworth, Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce, UK
- Kelly Ann Shaw, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Erik van der Marel, Senior Economist, European Centre for International Political Economy
Trade integration and the Americas: Mercosur, USMCA, CPTPP and Beyond
- Shannon K. O'Neil, Vice President, Deputy Director of Studies, and Nelson and David Rockefeller Senior Fellow for Latin America Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Alvaro Santos, Professor of Law and Faculty Director of the Center for the Advancement of the Rule of Law in the Americas, Georgetown Law
- Steve Liston, Senior Director, Council of the Americas
US - China relations: when decoupling meets dual circulation
- Alicia García Herrero, Senior Fellow, Bruegel
- Stephanie Segal, Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic & International Studies
Is trade working for all?
- Cecilia Malmström, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics; Former European Commissioner for Trade (2014 to 2019)
- Marion Jansen, Director of the Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD
Is the Future Regional?
- Martin Sandbu, European Economics Commentator, Financial Times
- James Crabtree, Executive Director, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), Asia
- Wendy Cutler, Vice President, Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI)
Listen to the podcast: