This presentation is published by GDAP (German Council on Foreign Relations).
The COVID-19 pandemic poses unprecedented challenges to decisionmakers across the globe. It certainly affects European and transatlantic defense cooperation. In this report, GDAP aims to generate valuable insights into the pandemic's effects on European defense. Therefore, GDAP has asked leading experts from key EU and NATO partner countries for their views.
Clingendael's Senior Research Fellow and Head of the Security Unit Dick Zandee contributed to the Dutch information in this report. Together, the contributions provide an overview that reveals trends and tendencies in European defense in a changing security environment.
See below the Netherlands.
Read the full report.
With contributions from:
- Czech Republic: Lukáš Dyčka, Baltic Defense College
- Estonia: Sven Sakkov, Estonian Ambassador to Finland
- Finland: Charly Salonius-Pasternak, Finish Institute of International Affairs (FIIA)
- France: Bruno Tertrais, Foundation for Strategic Research (FSR)
- Greece: Yvonni-Stefania Efstathiou, European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
- Hungary: Alex Etl, Center for Strategic and Defense Studies (CSDS)
- Hungary: Támas Csiki Varga, Center for Strategic and Defense Studies (CSDS)
- Italy: Alessandro Marrone, Institute of International Affairs (IAI)
- Italy: Ottavia Credi, Institute of International Affairs (IAI)
- Lithuania: Liudas Zdanavičius, Military Academy of Lithuania
- The Netherlands: Dick Zandee, Clingendael Institute
- Norway: Paal Hilde, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS)
- Norway: Robin Allers, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS)
- Poland: Justyna Gotkowska, Centre for Eastern Studies (OSW)
- Romania: Octavian Manea, GlobalFocus Center
- Romania: Rufin Zamfir, GlobalFocus Center
- Spain: Félix Arteaga, Elcano Royal Institute
- United Kingdom: Trevor Taylor, Royal United Services Institute (RUSI)