Europe in the World
The Clingendael Institute and Synergia Foundation co-organised a public webinar on EU-India Digital Connectivity and Human-Centred Fintech Solutions.
With the emergence of digital technologies, financial technology (FinTech) companies have been able to render their services to millions of unbanked customers, who were previously excluded from the ambit of the traditional financial sector. Indian companies have been frontrunners in this field, facilitating access to financial services through digital infrastructure initiatives. Meanwhile, the European Union has been long acknowledged as a global norm-setter in financial development.
In this webinar, experts discussed the following key questions:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in facilitating Indo-EU collaboration in the FinTech space?
- How can fintech companies in India and the EU withstand competition from Big Tech players?
- Can India and the EU cooperate to enhance financial inclusion in like-minded countries within the Indo-Pacific and beyond?
- How can fintech companies handle data protection concerns?
- Brigit Carroll, Policy and Campaigns Manager at Wise
- Anirudh Suri, India, Managing Partner at India Internet Fund
- Prashanth Ranganathan, CEO of PayU Credit
- Maaike Okano-Heijmans, Senior Research Fellow at the Clingendael Institute