#3 Towards a democratic technology alliance?
Democratic tech alliance, or a summit of democracies?
Countering digital authoritarianism requires close cooperation between Europe and its partners and allies. Should the ultimate aim be a democratic tech alliance – or a summit of democracies, in President Biden’s terms? Then first, the US and Europe need to invest in a renewed partnership that is built on shared political values, to guide such a common approach. How can we overcome differences on approaches, norms and standards – including the business-centric and human-centrered approach?
Welcome and scene-setting
- Brigitte Dekker, moderator (the Clingendael Institute)
- Yvette van Eechoud (Western Hemisphere Department, Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Dealing with China in the Transatlantic context: new initiatives?
- Anika Sina Laudien (Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany)
- Martijn Rasser (Center for a New American Security - CNAS, US)
- Rudra Chaudhuri (Carnegie India)
Also read our latest report Dealing with China on high-tech issues.
Register here to receive an email alert. Also register for the next webinars via the form. Looking forward to your virtual attendance!